Vintage Karts Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Blackhawk Owner's Seats---Where To Buy?

Please register to gain full access of the forum. When you register please use your given name.handles and fake names will be deleted. if you are deleted you can re-register with your real name.

Blackhawk Owner's Seats---Where To Buy?
 Moderated by: Kevin Gagne
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Aug 5th, 2020 02:02 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Joe Drabicki
Blackhawk Kart Guru in Florida

Mana: 
Hey Blackhawk Owners!

If the picture loads, please do tell whom owns the two Blackhawk Poison Arrows and the seat information about each of your karts. I got this photo online when I did a search for Blackhawk Kart. The photo showed that it was snapped at Sugar River Raceway in 2016. It shows karts numbered 58, with a lowback seat with a two stroke on the rear and number 3, an early Poison Arrow with a headrest, some red tubes and polished aluminum. Number 3's seat is all black with red piping.

I have six Blackhawk Poison Arrows that all need new seats. One has a lowback seat like number 58, the other five with seats like number 3.

Could you please help out a fellow Blackhawk owner with getting some seats made? I would like to know where you got your seats made and how much it cost. Do you think the person or business that made your seats would make more? Could you put their contact information on here for all Blackhawk owners to see?

Just in case anybody makes the suggestion of contacting Marshall Fairman at Sugar River Raceway about seats, I already did in 2014. He did not have an upholstery place at that time. I tried calling him last night and I have not heard back from him yet.

I am about to measure my one seat I have and start making patterns, which I would then take to an upholstery place. Does anybody have seat patterns for these seats? That would help if I could borrow or copy the patterns. Any help is truly appreciated. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Joe

Attachment: Blackhawk 58 Lowback Seat at Sugar River Raceway 1.jpg (Downloaded 47 times)

Last edited on Wed Aug 5th, 2020 02:09 am by Joe Drabicki

Posted: Wed Aug 5th, 2020 02:23 am
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Joe Drabicki

Mana: 
Hey Vintage Karters!

Here is my one Blackhawk Poison Arrow seat. I want to have a new replica seat made so I can retire this one.

When I get an upholstery place onboard, then I want to have some fun with the seats, maybe with some alternate color schemes for where the traditional black and white goes and different colors of piping, like kart number 3.

Anybody seen those Fox karts changing up the colors on their seats? I have similar thoughts in mind for some Blackhawk seats.

My first Blackhawk, which is also my first racing kart ever, it is red, which I have thought of going red where the black goes and white piping. I have a blue Blackhawk, which I bought that way. I figure a blue and white seat. I have a burgundy Blackhawk, bought that way, yes a burgundy and white seat. Maybe I should paint one of my eight Blackhawks white, then I can proudly display the red, white and blue, made in America!

Kind Regards,

Joe

Attachment: 20200801_121603.jpg (Downloaded 46 times)

Posted: Fri Aug 7th, 2020 03:27 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
Joe Drabicki

Mana: 
Compare the seat how it looks today...

Attachment: 20200801_121647.jpg (Downloaded 30 times)

Posted: Fri Aug 7th, 2020 03:28 am
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
Joe Drabicki

Mana: 
...to how it was in 1980 to 1982

Attachment: 20200801_123312.jpg (Downloaded 30 times)

Posted: Fri Aug 7th, 2020 03:31 am
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Joe Drabicki

Mana: 
Here I am at 17 years old, ready to go to a race in the Junior Sportsman class with my 1969 Blackhawk Poison Arrow with a stock MC93, Rev-Grip clutch and GEM box muffler...Fall 1981

Attachment: 20200801_123356.jpg (Downloaded 30 times)

Last edited on Fri Aug 7th, 2020 03:31 am by Joe Drabicki

Posted: Fri Aug 7th, 2020 03:32 am
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
Joe Drabicki

Mana: 
left side view

Attachment: 20200801_124001.jpg (Downloaded 30 times)

Current time is 01:32 pm

Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Blackhawk Owner's Seats---Where To Buy?

UltraBB 1.171 Copyright © 2007-2024 Data 1 Systems, INC.