Vintage Karts Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Kart id please

Please register to gain full access of the forum. When you register please use your given name.handles and fake names will be deleted. if you are deleted you can re-register with your real name.

Kart id please
 Moderated by: Kevin Gagne
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Feb 2nd, 2019 03:10 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
hughskart

Mana: 
Hello all. New to the site. Thanks for adding me. We’re trying to I’d this kart. Looks pro built but I can’t see any numbers on it. Nylon wheels and no boxing of the frame. Looks like an Azusa style motor mount
Thanks in advance
Colin

Attachment: 139A334D-27FD-4851-90E3-82FB666A21AE.png (Downloaded 118 times)

Posted: Sat Feb 2nd, 2019 04:00 am
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Joe Drabicki
Blackhawk Kart Guru in Florida

Mana: 
Hello Hugh or Colin!

Welcome to the site.

You have a Fox Kart. It looks to have somebody's idea of a modified new front bumper. It is missing the plastic drop in seat and the padded upholstery. The steering wheel is not original. The plastic wheels are from a Bug kart, but they are worth something to a guy restoring a Bug kart. Maybe sell those to make some cash to restore your kart.

There are a few Fox kart guys on this site. One guy has about 15 to 20 Fox karts, all restored. I saw a photo of his karts, all sitting up on work stands, all in a row. I can't remember his name, but he knows who he is, and maybe he will chime in and chat with you. I found a Fox here in Florida and the Fox guy bought this kart from me. This kart has the original seat and a modified front bumper. It should only have the lower hoop in front of the front axle.

Somebody makes reproduction seats for the Fox karts. If you look at some of the other vintage kart sites and look at the vintage kart events photos, you will see a bunch of Fox karts and alot of different colors of seats.

Do a search on this site for Fox karts, Fox seats, search Google for pics, see some ads on Ebay, etc...

Kind Regards,

Joe

Attachment: 2014-2-15 267.JPG (Downloaded 114 times)

Last edited on Sat Feb 2nd, 2019 04:08 am by Joe Drabicki

Posted: Sat Feb 2nd, 2019 04:24 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
Joe Drabicki

Mana: 
Colin,

Here is what the frame should look like when you remove the bucket seat. Your kart has had some white painted material added so that a person can sit in the kart, since your original seat is missing.

You will want to track down and buy an original or repro seat. Remove all that white painted stuff. The original plastic bucket seat rests on the steel tube frame, hugging the tubes from the top back down to the hip tubes.

Kind Regards,

Joe

Attachment: 2014-2-15 299.JPG (Downloaded 114 times)

Posted: Sat Feb 2nd, 2019 04:31 am
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
Joe Drabicki

Mana: 
Here is a rear view of the seat on the frame.

Notice the extra modern engine mount tubing on the left and some added tube on the right in front of the rear axle. Stuff like that has to be cut off and ground smooth when restoring back to original.

Attachment: 2014-2-15 271.JPG (Downloaded 113 times)

Last edited on Sat Feb 2nd, 2019 04:33 am by Joe Drabicki

Current time is 03:05 pm

Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Kart id please

UltraBB 1.171 Copyright © 2007-2024 Data 1 Systems, INC.