Vintage Karts Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Go Kart Chassis Identification, anyone ?

Please register to gain full access of the forum. When you register please use your given name.handles and fake names will be deleted. if you are deleted you can re-register with your real name.

Go Kart Chassis Identification, anyone ?
 Moderated by: Kevin Gagne
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Sep 28th, 2018 10:02 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
RK_100

Mana: 
I bought this Go Kart Chassis a long while ago and don't have any idea what make it is or when it was manufactured. I cannot find any type of markings whatsoever.

I bought it from a car boot sale for a small amount of money. My idea was to turn it into a custom kart project but never had the time to do it.

A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine came over to my garage and told me that it could be a serious vintage chassis and could be worth some money even sold as is.

If someone could help me identify the make/year manufactured from the pictures it would be greatly appreciated, maybe it will also spark the interest in me to restore it and rebuild a vintage kart :)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachment: 1.PNG (Downloaded 145 times)

Last edited on Fri Sep 28th, 2018 10:02 pm by RK_100

Posted: Sat Sep 29th, 2018 12:24 am
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Kurt Rodgers

Mana: 
looks kind of like a European chassis. Maybe a Dino or a Kali.
Europeans typically had the weld on seat stays.
I know I've seen the front hoop and the hoop in the brake area but I can't pin it down.

Posted: Sat Sep 29th, 2018 03:36 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
Rod Van Deusen
vdm46.com

Mana: 
Definitely European. I'm leaning toward Dino as well but don't have anything for verification. Very unique crossmember.

Posted: Sat Sep 29th, 2018 10:37 pm
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
Kurt Rodgers

Mana: 
To the OP.Where are you located (Malta - where?)? A lot of chassis preference is regional. That might spur a member to think harder.
Hey Rod!
Funny thing is, when I was looking for verification - I went to your site for help! I found pics of both Dino and Kali ( on other internet sites) that feature the front lower steering mount hoop, but none with the hoop feature around the brake area.
I know I've seen it before.....
Seems the Dino had more of a round front hoop. This one is longer and large radius ( I thought of the Proline originally)
Did you see the multiple kingpin holes in the front spindle brackets?I would like to see a close up of the brake mount and rear bearing area. It almost looks like it had a smaller bearing like a two bolt flange, but I can't tell from the picture.

Last edited on Sat Sep 29th, 2018 10:57 pm by Kurt Rodgers

Current time is 09:35 am

Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Go Kart Chassis Identification, anyone ?

UltraBB 1.171 Copyright © 2007-2024 Data 1 Systems, INC.