Vintage Karts Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > 2 stroke vs 4 stroke vintage engines debate

Please register to gain full access of the forum. When you register please use your given name.handles and fake names will be deleted. if you are deleted you can re-register with your real name.

2 stroke vs 4 stroke vintage engines debate
 Moderated by: Kevin Gagne
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jul 23rd, 2018 12:23 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
georgedombeck

Mana: 
Guys, I have picked up a 1965/1966 Rupp Lancer "fun kart" it came with the dreaded predator motor on it. I know , I know its not correct. But this is a fun kart and I have no intention of bolting on a screaming Mac 2 stroke racing engine. What motor would a fun kart of this era come with? I cant imagine someone would buy a fun kart back then with a motor that had no recoil either. Didn't some of these old fun karts come with small 4 stroke motors ? Thanks, geo

Posted: Mon Jul 23rd, 2018 06:42 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Dan Dettmann

Mana: 
In the early 60's Rupp had kind of a symbiotic relationship with Power Products, so I would think one of their 4 strokes would be apropos (kind of confirmed by this 1962 ad for one of their fun/concession karts).

Attachment: rupp2.pdf (Downloaded 35 times)

Posted: Mon Jul 23rd, 2018 06:48 pm
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
georgedombeck

Mana: 
Perfect, that's what I was looking for. I just knew that not everyone had a 2 stroke race engine on early karts. Thanks a ton. Now the hunt begins for a Lauson or Kohler vintage motor. geo

Posted: Mon Jul 23rd, 2018 06:49 pm
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
georgedombeck

Mana: 
This is the kart.

Attachment: old kart resize.jpg (Downloaded 127 times)

Current time is 11:14 pm

Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > 2 stroke vs 4 stroke vintage engines debate

UltraBB 1.171 Copyright © 2007-2024 Data 1 Systems, INC.