Vintage Karts Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Is it Vintage or just a Per Cent Vintage

Please register to gain full access of the forum. When you register please use your given name.handles and fake names will be deleted. if you are deleted you can re-register with your real name.

Is it Vintage or just a Per Cent Vintage
 Moderated by: Kevin Gagne
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed May 30th, 2018 12:56 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
ToniFranklin

Mana: 
Hi,

I read about how everyone defines Vintage and I am a little confused at best. They talk about Rear Engine or New Breed, years of engine, chassis, axle size, clutchs, seats, fuel tanks, etc, and trying to keep these karts authentic. Yet, after visiting Circleville and my first Vintage Kart Show, I saw almost every single engine kart (both Rear engine and New Breed) on B'Stones and having one piece wheels and when MANY of these karts went onto the track, they were 2 wheeling (as they did back in the 70's when the tire fiasco began) and yet no one seems to care about that. We look at allowing Microns and Gages to protect engines and we allow up grading of the brakes as being OK for safety sake but then allow "Gummy's" on all 4 corners of Vintage karts. So the question is this. If we are to keep the Vintage in "Vintage", why are we set up to injure someone?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
http://vkakarting.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=626&start=0
Marketing video production service

Thanks!

Posted: Sun Jun 10th, 2018 12:25 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Richard Engel

Mana: 
Please go to the Big ONE That's vintage Richie

Posted: Sun Jun 10th, 2018 02:43 pm
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
Richard Engel

Mana: 
Toni a lot of us are having a hard time with this, Karting is bigger than any of us there is racing and there is vintage or as close as we can get to old the karters will start to look for the the event that they want to go to. have fun or to race Karters are great at any of these events its up to the promoters to follow the rules Richie

Current time is 08:21 pm

Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Is it Vintage or just a Per Cent Vintage

UltraBB 1.171 Copyright © 2007-2024 Data 1 Systems, INC.