Vintage Karts Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > New kart owner looking for advice

Please register to gain full access of the forum. When you register please use your given name.handles and fake names will be deleted. if you are deleted you can re-register with your real name.

New kart owner looking for advice
 Moderated by: Kevin Gagne
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Apr 26th, 2021 01:28 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Sean Mannix

Mana: 
Hi, well, I just found this old cart on craigslist. Had to have it. I am mostly a two wheeled vintage guy but the shop needed a new toy. I never heard of these and have done a little research and not much comes up.

It was made by Yard-Man, and is a Lancer model 6010-1. Has the original B&S motor. It is in amazing original condition. No screws anywhere have any wrench marks. Every spring, linkage and snap caps are in place. Tires are solid rubber, no cracks, just white wall paint flaking.

I am on the fence as to restore it to new or just clean it, make it mechanically function correct and leave it. It is a quite a time capsule.

Any suggestions as to where some literature might be found or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'll post some more pics, not sure how to post more than one in a single post.

Attachment: IMG_1985.jpg (Downloaded 56 times)

Posted: Mon Apr 26th, 2021 01:32 am
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Sean Mannix

Mana: 
More pics

Attachment: IMG_1988.jpg (Downloaded 56 times)

Posted: Mon Apr 26th, 2021 01:33 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
Sean Mannix

Mana: 
Another one

Attachment: IMG_1987.jpg (Downloaded 56 times)

Posted: Mon Apr 26th, 2021 05:07 am
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
Terry Woodin

Mana: 
Hi Sean, I have one these, that I restored. Mine was built by David Bradley, and was sold by Sears-Robuck. Mine is a 1960 model. Mine is a Sport Kart. I had to fabricate the rear fender, and seat, that were both missing. These nice little Karts were designed for the youngsters to ride in vacant lots, larger home properties, Etc. They were not intended for any competition what so ever. Just a fun kart for the little one's. Top speed on mine is about 15 mph. I think a little restoration, cleaning, painting, and getting the motor top notch would be worth it, as these units, especially the YardMan models, are getting hard to find. Welcome to the forum, and if you have any questions presented here, I will try to jump in and help with the info.....Regards, Terry

y

Posted: Mon Apr 26th, 2021 05:25 am
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Terry Woodin

Mana: 
Hi Sean, Terry again...I have tried to post a couple pics of mine. If you would like to e-mail me, I can send you more, even during restoration. I do not want to try and post too many on the forum, at once. vanjocky50@comcast.net

Attachment: 016.JPG (Downloaded 54 times)

Posted: Mon Apr 26th, 2021 05:27 am
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
Terry Woodin

Mana: 
Hi Sean, Terry again...I have tried to post a couple pics of mine. If you would like to e-mail me, I can send you more, even during restoration. I do not want to try and post too many on the forum, at once. vanjocky50@comcast.net

Attachment: 025.JPG (Downloaded 53 times)

Posted: Mon Apr 26th, 2021 01:36 pm
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
Sean Mannix

Mana: 
Terry, thanks for the info. I did see mention that there were some branded as David Bradley. I see some subtle differences as the Yardman is chain drive and has a different carb and tank set up. The black and red is a nice color combination.

Posted: Mon Apr 26th, 2021 10:26 pm
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
Terry Woodin

Mana: 
You're Welcome Sean!

Current time is 10:22 am

Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > New kart owner looking for advice

UltraBB 1.171 Copyright © 2007-2024 Data 1 Systems, INC.