Vintage Karts Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > West bend 820 flywheel identification

Please register to gain full access of the forum. When you register please use your given name.handles and fake names will be deleted. if you are deleted you can re-register with your real name.

West bend 820 flywheel identification
 Moderated by: Kevin Gagne
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Feb 18th, 2021 09:26 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
johngillman

Mana: 
I broke my flywheel and have a couple of extras, the engine is a clockwise rotation at PTO, flywheel that broke is marked y13294, the spares each have y13294b, one of which is stamped as CCW which is direction of engine on flywheel side.
Is there a difference in flywheels between CW and CCW engines at PTO as I'm running one of each dual on a Simplex Challenger

Posted: Fri Feb 19th, 2021 02:50 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Dan Dettmann

Mana: 
Flywheels are the same for RH/LH West Bend and Chrysler 610/820's (with point/condenser). They may be handed on the US Marine and US Motor Power versions that had electronic ignition. They are different on RH/LH 580/700's.

Last edited on Sat Feb 20th, 2021 09:51 pm by Dan Dettmann

Posted: Sat Mar 6th, 2021 09:05 pm
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
johngillman

Mana: 
I figured out the difference, it is the position of north and south pole of magnet on flywheel, check with old style compass!

Posted: Sun Mar 7th, 2021 11:59 am
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
Dan Dettmann

Mana: 
Flywheel magnet polarity orientation makes no difference on a point/condenser ignition system. That's why West Bend only listed one flywheel (Y13294) for both their RH and LH 610/820's. It does however make a difference on solid state ignitions. When these appeared flywheels were required to become handed.

Current time is 11:20 am

Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > West bend 820 flywheel identification

UltraBB 1.171 Copyright © 2007-2024 Data 1 Systems, INC.