Vintage Karts Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Vintage Karts Forums > General > Events > 20th Anniversary (plus one!) Vintage Kart Reunion - May 7 & 8, 2021

Please register to gain full access of the forum. When you register please use your given name.handles and fake names will be deleted. if you are deleted you can re-register with your real name.

20th Anniversary (plus one!) Vintage Kart Reunion - May 7 & 8, 2021
 Moderated by: Kevin Gagne
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Oct 24th, 2020 05:18 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Dean Seavers

Mana: 
Hi All,

I've created a website for the upcoming 20th Anniversary (plus one!) Vintage Kart Reunion event May 7 & 8, 2021 at the Prairie City Kart Track in Rancho Cordova, CA. You can find it here: https://vintagekartreunion.com/

We've got all the general information up right now, but the site will continue to be fleshed out with all the details as we get them in place. There should be a flurry of news over the next couple weeks as more things come together. In the mean time, please check it out and share it with vintage karting friends and folks you feel would be interested. The aim is to really make this a special meet and I really hope to see folks we haven't seen in quite awhile come back out to hang out, bench race, share their karting stories and memorabilia and so forth. In addition to running on the track we're going to put a lot of effort into displays, history and have a genuine spotlighted kart show in a dedicated area with the karts on display all day Saturday rather than just lining them up at a lunch break. Of course, if you'd like to run your kart as well as show it, by all means please do so, but I want folks who have wonderfully restored karts that they don't run know that they have a real spotlight at the meet. Tom Thorin is spearheading the show portion and would like to hear from folks on what they'd like to see in a show. Please email him at tom@vintagekartreunion.com

Vince Hughes is my partner in organizing and promoting this event, so he's available to also answer questions - vince@vintagekartreunion.com and I'm available at either this email address, or (as you have probably guessed by now!) dean@vintagekartreunion.com

Anyway, please check out the site, and if you don't see answers to your questions, please reach out. I will do my best to answer your question or let you know where we're at in lining that particular piece up.

All the best,
Dean

Posted: Thu Jan 7th, 2021 12:12 am
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Karl Ginter

Mana: 
I see where Adams/Riverside event was cancelled, next month. Is this event still a go, or are the California COVID restrictions going to shut this down?

Posted: Thu Jan 7th, 2021 12:20 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
Dean Seavers

Mana: 
Hi Karl, The Vintage Kart Reunion is still 5 months out, so there's still time for things to turn around. We are proceeding as though things will be all systems go. We'll see where things are at the first week of April, and if we need to push the date out at that point, we'll do so then to give folks ample time to adjust their schedules, but hopefully by May the situation with Covid will have improved dramatically.

Thanks,
Dean

Posted: Tue Jan 26th, 2021 06:52 pm
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
Karl Ginter

Mana: 
Dean: You're moving this to September, correct?

Posted: Tue Jan 26th, 2021 07:19 pm
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Dean Seavers

Mana: 
Hi Karl-

That is correct. We all talked over the weekend and agree that would be the best to insure that we can hold the meet without severe restrictions. I have updated the website and the Facebook groups and plan on updating my posts on the forums today. Here's the text from the website:

We’ve all been monitoring the Covid situation, and with the short supply and struggles with the logistics on the vaccine rollout here in California, they are saying a sizable number of the population here in the state won’t have the vaccine until mid-summer. With that, and the situation being a bit further complicated by the fact that the Prairie City Kart Track is part of a State Park, it is very likely that the restrictions that are currently in place (no more than 100 people on the grounds, period, plus no camping) will still be in place on the May 8/9 dates.

So with that, we figured that there was no point in waiting until the beginning of April to enact plan B, as outlined in my last email and update on the website, and move the Reunion to Friday and Saturday September 17th and 18th.

I hope the date change doesn’t prevent folks who were planning on attending in May from making the September date. Conversely, I hope it opens things up for folks who were unable to make it or were uncomfortable with the situation on the original weekend and that we’ll see you there. The program will be exactly the same. I will be updating the website and all the forums and so forth in the next day or two.

As a kind of consolation, when I talked with Donald at Prairie City and we decided to move the meet to September, I brought up having us out there on a practice day in May. He’s more than happy to have us vintage karters out there on Saturday, May 8. So local Nor Cal folks, (or anyone who wants to) feel free to come out and run. It will be shared sessions with the modern club, but we’ve done that twice already and everyone has gotten plenty of driving time, and the modern karters have been both fantastic to us and enjoyed seeing us run. I hope you’ll consider it. The practice fee is $35.

Current time is 11:23 pm

Vintage Karts Forums > General > Events > 20th Anniversary (plus one!) Vintage Kart Reunion - May 7 & 8, 2021

UltraBB 1.171 Copyright © 2007-2024 Data 1 Systems, INC.