Vintage Karts Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Palmini Gas Tank

Please register to gain full access of the forum. When you register please use your given name.handles and fake names will be deleted. if you are deleted you can re-register with your real name.

Palmini Gas Tank
 Moderated by: Kevin Gagne
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Jul 24th, 2019 02:25 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Gary Thomasson

Mana: 
I am new to this forum and would like some good info on the value of this gas tank and please be honest. I know it is somewhere around a 1959 or 1960 and as far as I can tell it has never been used. I purchased a kart about 25 years ago to find out years later it was a Bug kart. I didn't realize the kart's value let alone all the parts I had gotten with it until after I sold it. I put a 5 horse Briggs on it for the kids to use and later sold it for 125.00. The kart had many extra parts with it including 2 Power Products AH81's. These were consecutive serial number Right and Left hand rotation engines with polished recoils and were complete. I was taken buy someone that said they weren't worth much and he only gave me 325.00 for them. So please be honest as I don't want to be taken again.

Attachment: DSCN0585.JPG (Downloaded 91 times)

Posted: Fri Jul 26th, 2019 12:18 am
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
steveohara

Mana: 
Gary,

Sadly the vintage karting world has a few members that make their living taking advantage of uninformed people that come to forums like this asking for help and end up getting screwed. Your tank is worth several hundred dollars but could bring as much as $500 so don't take any behind the scenes offers. Put it on ebay and let the market determine the price. I would either start the auction at $300 or use that number as a reserve and I recommend a ten day auction rather than the standard 7.
Steve O'Hara

Current time is 07:57 am

Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Palmini Gas Tank

UltraBB 1.171 Copyright © 2007-2024 Data 1 Systems, INC.