View single post by Doug Tenney
 Posted: Fri Aug 25th, 2017 10:12 pm
PMQuoteReplyFull Topic
Doug Tenney

Mana: 
That photo was ME 47 or so years ago.  My son got me back into the hobby about 12 years ago.

Your kart looks like a Manco to me.  I should be able to tell for sure if you post a photo of a wheel (Manco made their own).  Other guys on here are way better at ID'ing than I am.

Manco hung on until about 6 years ago. 

Azusa Engineering is the key "enabler" when it comes to parts for older karts and mini-bikes.  Basically one-stop shopping.  They don't sell directly to the public, but you can get tons of ideas looking through their online catalog.  Then, when you have your list figured out, call a local kart shop and they'll put an order in.  At least, that's what I do.  (Tractor Supply & Northern Hydraulics also sell some of the Azusa line, but all-in-all you will be better served by a local kart shop, if they're good.)

The engine sure looks like a Tecumseh H30, and it may be.  But there's one thing throwing me.  It looks like the fins on the head are curved.  Aspera was an Italian company that made engines nearly identical to Tecumsehs, and they had curved fins.  [Aspera made the engines on the Broncco karts (also Italian).]  By chance, did uncle Luigi bring that edger over from the old country?

It would help if you could tells us roughly where you're located.

You are so fortunate to have a youngster who shows interest in things that you can't buy at the Apple store!

Close Window