View single post by Eric Holt
 Posted: Wed Sep 16th, 2020 07:46 pm
PMQuoteReplyFull Topic
Eric Holt

Mana: 
I am new to karting and new to your great forum. I will be as concise as possible.
I am having trouble with my Tilloston HL334A carburetor in that I can not achieve an idle on my WB820 engine.

Thus far I have cleaned the carb in an ultrasonic cleaner using hot water and a few ounces of Simple Green for an hour. I then was very careful to assemble in the correct order using a genuine Tillotson RK-117HL parts kit. The needle valve lever is currently set dead even with the carb body. (I tried both slightly above and below to no avail).I was sure to be certain the needle valve tips are clean and bright. The needles are set to: L-3/4 to 1 turn open. H-1-1/4 to 1-1/2 open. Changing these makes no difference.

The pop-off pressure is 9 PSI, and it holds pressure at 7 PSI. With the use of carb cleaner, I have confirmed that all ports are open. With the H, and L screws removed I can see fluid spraying through primary, secondary, and main fuel discharge ports. Just how well these are spraying is difficult to tell as seeing down in there is difficult. 

This engine starts and runs easily but refuses to idle on its own. Installed is a new NGK spark plug. When I hold open the throttle plate I can see fuel spraying from the primary idle fuel discharge port, but in my opinion it appears to be a poor stream and a low volume.
Thanks for any responses that you may offer. I know there is a solution to my problem but I am stumped! Thanks a million to all.
Eric

Attachment: GK1200.JPG (Downloaded 314 times)

Close Window