View single post by Tom Day
 Posted: Sun Sep 6th, 2020 11:17 am
PMQuoteReplyFull Topic
Tom Day

Mana: 
Sorry to hear of your heart attack Ron,I've been there. You will be fine,just do what you are supposed to do.
That book is a bit technical but it is the only one I know of at this time.I have one of the original Yamaha manuals I could copy and send you. The Hartman clutches will work on a Yamaha but are marginal where a high engagement is needed like 10K. If you run the limited class you don't need that much so they would work. Sounds like all you might need is the sprocket drum.You can sometimes find them on ebay or if you ask someone may have one they would sell. Most guys run the L&T clutch or the old Horstman DXL but some parts may be hard to find on those. You can get a 10t 219 sprocket drum for the L&T to get down to a lower gear and they still make them so parts are available.
They are pretty durable and dependable engines,but big learning curve to be real fast with one. I have several. If you need anything or more info just ask.Another good source of info is facebook. Lots of us on there,VKA and other groups.
Good luck!
PS,there is a VKA limited class for over 60.

Last edited on Sun Sep 6th, 2020 11:22 am by Tom Day

Close Window