View single post by Derek Sanderson
 Posted: Tue Jan 7th, 2020 12:10 am
PMQuoteReplyFull Topic
Derek Sanderson

Mana: 
Hello all. I’m the proud owner of what I believe is a Rupp D300 kart. The back story, I have photos of me riding the kart back October 1984 (I would have been 10 years old). The kart was last ridden in the 1993-1995 time frame. Since then it’s been on a shelf in the garage. The kart was a hand me down from my uncle when my cousins stopped riding it.

I have a soon to be 9 year old son and two weeks ago I decided to get the kart out of storage and would like to get it running. I’ve started researching and that’s when I found that it’s probably a Rupp D300. I believe the engine was changed at some point before I became the owner. It currently has a Tecumseh HS40.55376C serial number 1159B. I believe the first number of the serial number is the build year...I’m guessing a 1971 or 1981. Currently the engine has no spark, I’m assuming it’s the points/condenser.

Questions
1. Does anybody know the models years the D300 was manufactured?
2. Is this model worth anything if it was cleaned up, painted etc? As it’s not a race model, I’m assuming it’s worth more to me.
2a. Would I go up in flames if I was to install a predator 212 on it? Note: I also have a 1970 Rupp Sprint mini bike that I was given a few years before the kart. At some point the engine was removed by my father and I haven’t located it yet ( he deceased so I can’t ask him). So in my mind I’m trying to determine which vehicle should get the HS40 and I already have a brand new Predator 212 from my father. I believe I would need to perform fab work on the motor plate of the kart to make it fit.

Bottom line I want to make the kart (and the mini bike) a runner again, but I don’t want to modify a holy grail if I just happen to have one :).

Comments appreciated!

Derek

Attachment: 815B4023-29E1-4738-85C0-C82547D1200D.jpeg (Downloaded 126 times)

Close Window