Vintage Karts Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Vintage Kart ID?

Please register to gain full access of the forum. When you register please use your given name.handles and fake names will be deleted. if you are deleted you can re-register with your real name.

Vintage Kart ID?
 Moderated by: Kevin Gagne
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Oct 18th, 2018 09:28 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Wreckinturn4

Mana: 
Hello All.  Been lurking for a while.  I purchased this old kart to restore for my little boy and am having a hard time identifying the manufacturer. 

I have looked at thousands of photos online and can not find anything exactly the same.  It has characteristics of a Bird Engineering Hawk with the steering wheel, brake pads, chassis shape etc but the front bumper and a couple of other things are throwing me off. 

All appears to be original, including the front bumper, as every welded piece has the original green paint underneath the yellow that was added later.  It has Alton wheels and a live tube axle.  It measures 52.5" from the front of the bumper to the back of the axle and 15" outside of the side rails below the seat rest.  I also have the original snap on rear and side seat cushions but no bottom seat.

There are no serial numbers or manufacturer plates; however, there are 2 rivets on the side rail near the front where something may have been.
I plan on keeping it original but would like to know if there is anything special about it in case I decide to upgrade anything in the future.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Wreckinturn4

Last edited on Thu Oct 18th, 2018 09:28 pm by Wreckinturn4

Current time is 04:29 pm

Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Vintage Kart ID?

UltraBB 1.171 Copyright © 2007-2024 Data 1 Systems, INC.