Vintage Karts Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Original Blitz

Please register to gain full access of the forum. When you register please use your given name.handles and fake names will be deleted. if you are deleted you can re-register with your real name.

Original Blitz
 Moderated by: Kevin Gagne
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Jun 27th, 2017 03:17 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
ZEMAN

Mana: 
I got this Kart in Back in the early 60's in Long Island near the Blitz Kart Stadium. It was used at the time and barebones. I gave it a quick paint job, installed an MC9 with a Max-Torque clutch, Chrome tank, and stainless steel column cover. I raced it a few times in LI . Then it sat in my Father's basement for about 25 years. I moved to Catskill, NY and it's been in my garage for another 26 yrs. Going by the flyers sold on Ebay it seem like this may be a collectable. I could use a bit of feedback from the forum before I sell it. Any help???
Best regards,
Steve Zeman

Attachment: DSC02844.JPG (Downloaded 120 times)

Last edited on Tue Jun 27th, 2017 03:24 pm by

Posted: Tue Jun 27th, 2017 05:53 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Doug Tenney

Mana: 
Hello Steve,
It looks to me to be a 1962 Blitz F1000.  They were made in Huntington Station (Long Island), NY at that time.

It looks like a nice survivor, although the market is fickle, so it might be premature to plan that early retirement.:)

I've read that the karting fad had peaked and then took a sharp dive around '63 and many manufacturers got out.

Blitz was sold and the company moved to Connecticut in late '62 or early '63, but the new owner (Brown) had other problems.  It seems that he had worked for Tillotson, and then left to form his own carburetor company.  Tillotson was not amused when he began making a diaphragm carburetor that was essentially a copy of the Tillotson HL, and his company (Brown Engine Products?) soon vanished.

Eventually, Wes Shoemaker, a former Blitz dealer in Ford City PA, bought what was left of Blitz.  He made several design tweaks, primarily for simplification and cost-reduction, and renamed it the Outlaw.  I believe he continued to sell the Outlaw until about 1967.

You might enjoy taking it up to the vintage kart events in Avon, NY July 27-29, and/or out to The Big One in Fremont, Ohio on Fri, Sat, Sun of Labor Day weekend. 
http://vkakarting.com/
http://rearenginekarts.com/

Doug

Posted: Tue Jun 27th, 2017 08:30 pm
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
Steve Zeman

Mana: 
Now selling on Ebay..Item # 263059985580

Posted: Tue Jun 27th, 2017 08:30 pm
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
Steve Zeman

Mana: 
Now selling on Ebay..Item # 263059985580

Posted: Tue Jun 27th, 2017 08:44 pm
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Steve Miller

Mana: 
blitz kart ..

Current time is 10:46 am

Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Original Blitz

UltraBB 1.171 Copyright © 2007-2024 Data 1 Systems, INC.