Vintage Karts Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Hartman Frame Material?

Please register to gain full access of the forum. When you register please use your given name.handles and fake names will be deleted. if you are deleted you can re-register with your real name.

Hartman Frame Material?
 Moderated by: Kevin Gagne
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Dec 8th, 2020 04:05 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Mark Crumpley

Mana: 
Does anyone know for sure what material was used in the 1977-ish Hartman sprint kart frames? Mild steel, 4230 or ???  Thanks!

Posted: Tue Dec 8th, 2020 05:52 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Kelly West

Mana: 
Mark:

I looked at an add for the 76 Hartman and it states that the frame material was: 1020 DOM 1 1/4". Hope this helps.

Kelly

Posted: Wed Dec 9th, 2020 03:53 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
Mark Crumpley

Mana: 
Thanks, Kelly!  I appreciate the help.  I don't suppose you have any Hartman ads for sale, do you?  I'd like to find an ad or brochure to try to verify exactly what year my kart is.  Thanks again! 

Posted: Wed Dec 9th, 2020 10:27 am
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
Kelly West

Mana: 
Mark:

Sorry I don't. But if you can email a few pictures I should be able to help you identify the year. kwest@mchsi.com Thanks.

Kelly

Posted: Thu Dec 10th, 2020 05:20 pm
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Paul Ffield

Mana: 
http://www.vdm46.com/hartman-kart.html

Posted: Thu Dec 10th, 2020 09:09 pm
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
Mark Crumpley

Mana: 
Thanks, Paul!  I've looked at VanDeusen's site, but none of the pictures match my kart exactly.  Also, my serial number is 3020, over 400 numbers beyond the latest ones listed, so it seems likely that it's later than 1977, but no one seems to know for sure when sprint kart production stopped, either year-wise or serial number-wise.  And, of course, there's always the possibility that it was modified somewhere along the way.  I'm going to keep up the search for knowledge, so if you run across any additional information, please let me know.  Thanks again! 
Mark C.  

Posted: Fri Oct 20th, 2023 12:29 am
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
Jim Fair

Mana: 
Mark Hartman made a Black shadow most were recalled due to brakeage. In Kart- tech magazine aug. 1981 there is a story about one and someone posted pictures of his frame about a year ago. I don't remember the year but D-T racing had one for sale in Penn. I think late 70s or early 80s. maybe you have one of very few.

Posted: Thu Feb 29th, 2024 10:53 pm
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
Mark Crumpley

Mana: 
Thanks, Jim!  Sorry for the late response, I haven't been on this site for a while.  I remember seeing a frame for sale, I think on the VKA Facebook page, that was identical to mine, so I'm pretty sure that they are factory frames and not modified.  I'll see if I can find the article you mentioned.  Thanks again!  Mark C. 

Current time is 09:45 pm

Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Hartman Frame Material?

UltraBB 1.171 Copyright © 2007-2024 Data 1 Systems, INC.