Vintage Karts Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Team X gains another driver

Please register to gain full access of the forum. When you register please use your given name.handles and fake names will be deleted. if you are deleted you can re-register with your real name.

Team X gains another driver
 Moderated by: Kevin Gagne
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mon Jun 5th, 2017 02:44 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Carl Haydt

Mana: 
A couple of our vintage kart drivers came out to Oreville today to run and try to beat the rain and it was a great chance to give my Team X newest driver his first ride in a vintage kart in an actual race.
His name is Garrett Krome and he's the grandson of Barry Greenzweig. He's a relative newcomer to karting and does run modern karts but his talent as a driver comes across like he's a veteran.
This was the first time out this year for my karts as was most of the guys who showed up today so needless to say just about everyone had issues :):):)

Alex Greenzweig: No issues-left everyone in his dust again,as usual,finished first

Me: Had the carb too rich plus my clutch went flat but finished second

Jon Clark: Ran good and finished the feature in third but discovered broken springs in his clutch afterwards

Garrett Krome: Was on the move but seized the motor right after he passed me........That'll teach ya to pass the kart owner,HUH? Lol

Alex Tenney: Was running good but I think something happened to his engine? (not sure-doug?)

Doug Tenney: Ran some laps until a carb stud broke

Barry Greenzweig: Kart threw a chain on the first turn so he never got to run....Sorry buddy,totally my fault :(

Everyone still had a good time and I'm glad you guys came out even though the rain shortened the day. Video link at bottom

VIDEO
https://youtu.be/QLhi19sJlNA

Posted: Mon Jun 5th, 2017 03:42 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Doug Tenney

Mana: 
Yeah, I was disappointed.  During the warm-up laps, my Mc91B was running great, then suddenly went weird.  I thought, hmmm, this is how it runs when the carb nuts come loose.  Well, I was 50% right.  One of the BDC studs had snapped... below flush.

I'll try to extract the stump with a left-handed drill bit... wish me luck.  If that fails I'll need a manifold.

Later in the day, my son Alex's Mc91 BDC manifold cracked too!  Oh well.

If anyone has a couple of surplus Mc91x BDC manifolds to sell, please send me a PM.

Posted: Mon Jun 5th, 2017 03:43 pm
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
Chuck Giacobbe

Mana: 
carl think maybe you could let alex from team x wear the gopro would like to see his line around the track.nice job

Posted: Mon Jun 5th, 2017 04:12 pm
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
Paul Hunter

Mana: 
Doug - I snapped a stud at Cuddy last year. I drilled a small hole about 1/16" in the stump, gently tapped (as with a small hammer) a square point hex bit in the hole and was able to gently back it out, a torx bit might work also. I was concerned with the outward pressure an easy out might exert. I know you will give it some good thought before proceeding, good luck.
Paul

Posted: Mon Jun 5th, 2017 05:07 pm
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Doug Tenney

Mana: 
Thanks, Paul.  I'll give it a whirl!

Posted: Mon Jun 5th, 2017 08:43 pm
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
Carl Haydt

Mana: 
Chuck,if I put the GoPro on Alex all you'd see is a empty track........................until he comes around again to lap us!

Posted: Mon Jun 5th, 2017 08:53 pm
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
Carl Haydt

Mana: 
Doug,Got ya covered if you need a manifold...........should I MAIL it to ya?

Posted: Thu Jun 8th, 2017 01:21 pm
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
Doug Tenney

Mana: 
A box arrived yesterday and all I can say is...

CARL IS THE MAN!

Current time is 10:46 am

Vintage Karts Forums > General > General > Team X gains another driver

UltraBB 1.171 Copyright © 2007-2024 Data 1 Systems, INC.