Vintage Karts Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
Vintage Karts Forums > Vintage Kart Identification > What Is It? > Go Kart Identification and Value (F1000 blitz and yazoo dragster)

Please register to gain full access of the forum. When you register please use your given name.handles and fake names will be deleted. if you are deleted you can re-register with your real name.

Go Kart Identification and Value (F1000 blitz and yazoo dragster)
 Moderated by: Kevin Gagne
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Fri Oct 16th, 2009 02:57 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Tanya78

Mana: 
Looking to find information on two go karts I have pulled out of storage.  I am hoping to find out what they are exactly and their actual value as well as what their current market price would be.  The black one has a Chrysler engine and is 100% complete and the red one is missing a drive chain but is otherwise complete - both turn over and have compression.  This link shows a picture of them http://i37.tinypic.com/f264cg.jpg and I have some parts too but have to locate them.

Any information would be greatly appreciated as I obviously don't know a lot about them besides that they are in really nice condition.  Thanks for the help!

Posted: Fri Oct 16th, 2009 09:10 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
John Swartout

Mana: 
The first kart is a 1961-62 Blitz Kart F-1000, and the second one looks like an early Yazoo Dragster Special circa 1960 made in Jackson, Miss.

John

Posted: Fri Oct 16th, 2009 10:36 pm
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
David Luciani
Administrator

Mana: 
tanya,

first we like to know who's talking so please fix your name to be your own not an alias.
second i'll answer you because you are asking questions with good faith.
though i am a little tired of people finding a vintage kart and hoping to cash in.
not your fault it's something we see every few weeks.

the karts,
they're what we'd call barn finds.
nice and complete without any big changes.
for a vintage karter a good find.
so if you're looking to get going on vintage karts you have a good start.

don't try to start the engines without an expert ok'ng it.
even though the engines have compression they are plated bores which after years of sitting are usually shot.
they may start but they won't run long before the plating peals and the motor sticks and dies for good.

somehow i doubt you're interested in vintage karts though.
so heres the skinny on value, they're not a g0ld mine but they have some value to the right people.
if it was me i'd pay anywhere from 300 up to 800 for the pair with the eight hundred if the motors still roll over and aren't stuck.
the blitz is the better kart the yazoo is just interesting.
possibly a bit more for the blitz if the wheels are all intact and the same.

best thing you can do is wash off the dust and DO NOTHING ELSE.
paint or trying to start the motors will just damage the value they have.
get some good pix and post on ebay.
then post that they're up for bid here.
be willing to ship them and you'll get the best value.

dave :cool:

Posted: Mon Oct 19th, 2009 03:46 am
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
Tanya78

Mana: 
Thank you for the information.  Are there any pictures of the Yazoo because I couldn't find any online?  I was not aware that the handles on here were first and last names when asked for a username but I did at least choose one with my first name in it.

I would love to get into karting but I have no real knowledge on the restoration of go karts so I will probably be selling both.  I just wanted to be accurate when describing them if I did and could not find anything on them to identify them so I figured asking in this forum would get me a possible answer.  If I list them on ebay I will definitely add the link.

Again, thank you both for the information.  I have been trying to find things to sell to help my sister stay in college so selling these go karts will definitely help with that.  They have been in storage for over thirty years so I am not going to mess with the engines although I have had people want to try and get them running.  If you have any more information or advice hopefully you will post a reply! 

Tanya

Posted: Tue Oct 20th, 2009 03:59 am
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
David Luciani
Administrator

Mana: 
Tanya,

best to keep backyard mechanics away from those motors as if they rotate usually they can be saved.
if you do start them they could "stick" that means the piston will weld itself to the side of the block.
a very bad thing.
as far as being a vintage karter and raising money.
you can do both.
the yazoo racer may bring a couple of hundred dollars if you're lucky so keep that one.

the blitz might get up nearer 500-1000 depending on who see's it.
mostly because it's complete and seems unmolested.
i'll ask my buddy jeff which blitz you have since the other fellows seem to have broken their fingers or something lately.
i could just say it's an 1963 blitz f1000 that will at least get me corrected :shock:and you the proper name.:)

so my advise is keep the yazoo and clean it up and paint it.
sell the Blitz and keep sis in college.
going to vintage meets is a blast and running one of these is fun.
if you need help shout out here or the other three forums and we'll help you out.

hope this helps
p.s. any vintage parts you have may be worth something too.
you'd be surprised at what is valuable.
post parts pix too.
D

Posted: Fri Oct 30th, 2009 01:47 am
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
David Luciani
Administrator

Mana: 
yes it's a blitz.
alot rougher than the first one.
it's missing the original pedals those might have come off a fox.
the rear wheels are common azusa tri stars.
not sure but it looks like metal was added to mount the four stroke boat anchor.
has some nice points though.
lose the engine and you'll get a better price plus you may be able to sell the boat anchor for a few bucks!!
i'd say anywhere from 200 - 400 would be more than fair.

Last edited on Fri Oct 30th, 2009 01:49 am by David Luciani

Posted: Fri Oct 30th, 2009 06:05 pm
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
Jeff Troy

Mana: 
Hi, Buds,

I'd put both Blitz karts at 1961 F-1000 models. Tanya's kart has the original Go Power wheels and Blitz pedals, where Rockon's machine does not.

To my best knowledge, all 1962 and later Blitz karts had factory-installed Nassau panels that were welded to the steering hoop. Also, the 1963 model was the start of the wider front bumper, which ran from spindle yoke to spindle yoke rather than just spanning the width of the two forward frame rails. Both these karts have the earlier narrow bumper, and neither carries a Nassau panel.

Looks like both have the original steering wheel, and Tanya's kart appears to have the correct mount under the mill.

In '61, the F-1000 was also known as the Thunderblitz F-1000, although the Thunderblitz part of the name was dropped for '62.

A photograph of my 1962 F-1000 is attached, taken at Jeff Brown's inaugural New Castle event by Jerry Imboden of Kart Art.

Warmest regards,

Attachment: 1962 Blitz for Web.jpg (Downloaded 255 times)

Last edited on Fri Oct 30th, 2009 06:17 pm by Jeff Troy

Posted: Fri Oct 30th, 2009 10:52 pm
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
David Luciani
Administrator

Mana: 
rockon,
as i have told many people we're all friends here so please add your real name.
anyway dig up those rims if you can they'll add value.
if yer anything like me you've stashed them somewhere.

Posted: Sat Oct 31st, 2009 01:09 pm
  PMQuoteReply
9th Post
Gary Wlodarsky

Mana: 
hello,,,,,

do you still have the back wheels(the broken ones,I need one good inner) ...I'd be interested in purchasing them if you do ...

that is of course if you don't want/need them...

gfw@glwb.net

Thanks Much
Gary W

Last edited on Sat Oct 31st, 2009 04:08 pm by Gary Wlodarsky

Current time is 08:16 am

Vintage Karts Forums > Vintage Kart Identification > What Is It? > Go Kart Identification and Value (F1000 blitz and yazoo dragster)

UltraBB 1.171 Copyright © 2007-2014 Data 1 Systems, INC.