View single post by Mark Loraine
 Posted: Sat Nov 25th, 2023 11:21 pm
PMQuoteReplyFull Topic
Mark Loraine

Mana: 
So if your selling a vintage kart on eBay in parts and accessories, you will pay 13.25% eBay final value fee's based on the entire amount including shipping and Insurance, that's right, Fee's on the costs to send what ever you sold.

Same for the tax man, here in NYS I have to pay 8% on most all purchases and on everything I sell that is now zero, for a grand total of 21.25% which is outright stealing in my opinion. Sell $1000 dollars and $212.50 is taken out.

I've just completed 4 sales from 3 individuals using postal Money Orders that are sent Certified mail which can be tracked on USPS tracking for the cost of $5.01 as of this writing. Security envelopes is the only way to mail these PMO's or at least wrap them with a newspaper tear off to camouflage the contents of the envelope.
Tearing off the receipt portion of the PMO is your only proof of what you bought, so tear it off and staple it to the printed receipt you get from the clerk.

This January 1st the IRS 1099 KY jelly reporting will have been in effect for 2 years.

I s***canned PayPal, besides they're anti 2nd.

Please stay on topic if you feel the need to comment, Thank You
Mark L. / SWNY

Last edited on Thu Nov 30th, 2023 09:28 pm by Mark Loraine

Close Window