View single post by Terry Armstrong
 Posted: Wed May 5th, 2021 08:58 pm
PMQuoteReplyFull Topic
Terry Armstrong

Mana: 
Vinnie,
What I see from your picture of the Go Kart 800, is that it looks ALL original, including the Hands wheels (6 inch rears and 4 inch fronts), tires and the frame looks original also with NO added on Motor mounts or cutting on the frame.    Can't tell from the photo if it's been re-welded anywhere or not.  The front axle on these karts were frequently broke where welded to the frame from accidents or fatigue.
Was your kart a "Barn find?

Also, may of these frames I have seen broken where the seat frame joins the main kart frame.
The advertisement from March 1961 issue of Karting World, shows the Go Kart 800 with a disc brake to the inside of the left side motor mount, whereas yours has the Bendix drum brake on the outside of the frame.  I'm not sure, you may have been able to get either brake as an option.
As far as value of your kart, that's very difficult to determine.  Many people have NO appreciation or desire for these OLD karts, and therefore would not seek or pay anything for one.  On the other hand, someone that had a Go Kart 800 back in that time period and would like to relive their past, it could be valuable to them!
Please post some more pictures of the kart on here, so we can see it's features and condition.
Thanks!
Terry

Close Window