View single post by Joe Drabicki
 Posted: Mon Aug 17th, 2020 02:55 am
PMQuoteReplyFull Topic
Joe Drabicki
Blackhawk Kart Guru in Florida

Mana: 
Hey Wayne!

FOUND IT !!!

I know you know what this devise is, but I am going to describe it for the people whom don't know...

See pics. It is a cable inside of a sheath, which you turn to tune your carb, remotely, from the steering wheel. Overall, it is about 54" long. IF you want it, you will need to find a new nylon tube to use as a sheath for the cable to rotate inside of for adjusting the carb. Obviously, the old sheath is broken into many pieces, deteriorated, but mostly gone. You will also need to make a bracket attached to or near the carb to hold the end of the cable near the carb tuning needle. The cable could use some love by oiling it to remove the surface rust. It is a very stiff braided steel wire cable, about 1/4" diameter. You can't sand the rust off since it is braided. Any grinding or sanding on the cable would break the wire strands and make it unravel.

The aluminum TEE end, which you turn to tune the carb gets mounted on the steering wheel. The aluminum clamping bracket holds the sheath while the small aluminum angle bolts to the steering wheel. Alternatively, a person could also mount it to the steering shaft OR steering hoop frame with a clamp if they did not want to put a hole in their steering wheel spoke.

The carb end of the cable has an aluminum hub. There is a set screw that secures the end of the cable in the hub. The other end of the hub has two set screws to hold onto the carb needle shaft.

There you have it. The description of a remote carb tuner.

Wayne, if you want it, send me a message and we can talk about price, shipping and contact info.

Kind Regards,

Joe

Attachment: 20200815_161004.jpg (Downloaded 30 times)

Close Window